How to use a podcast as a strategic marketing tool with Mark Asquith
“Anyone can find time to do anything.”
- If you don’t have a network and a newly business start-up, get connected with people and eventually your network will expand.
- If you want to use a podcast to increase sales then do your research, answer questions, build authority – treat it like content marketing or blogging.
- Build a strategy for your podcast if you want to appear in the search results and get something out of it
- If you’re a small business- doing your own marketing, you’ve got to find out what works for you, what do you find interesting, what do you find easy and accessible and focus your energies on that until you’re ready to explore different things. it’s all about finding something that you find fun
There are so many different strategies that you can use podcasting for. Podcasting is a delivery mechanism at the end of the day. So unless you’ve got the right strategy, and you know what objectives that you’re working towards, you can find yourself like all over the place, a little bit overwhelmed.
- Before starting something, know what you want to get out of it, understand the intentions behind doing it because setting up a podcast is not as quick and as easy as a lot of people make you think. If you want an easy route, then find other people’s podcasts and be interviewed on theirs.
You need to know what you want to get out of in order to make it a success.
In such a noisy marketplace that we have today, it’s not good enough just to be visible, or just to make people aware of you, you’ve got to make them curious.
Stand by the stuff that you have a strong opinion about
Quality over quantity.
If you want people to take notice of what it is that you’re doing, both as an individual and also as a brand, as a company, you need to find a way of standing out and being a bit different. And people will gravitate towards your personality
How you get known in a market quickly is by being fearless – that you are willing to put your opinion on the line.
You can always gauge that you’ve got a good brand, when people starts to know your opinion. Because it becomes a transcendence from learning, knowing something to being an authority in it.
Brand is not logos. Brand is not fonts. They’re the visual creative elements that make up a representation of a brand when all you’ve got what’s in front of you. Brand is how you approach to things, it’s how you make people feel
People always come to work to do their best work.
2 Techniques to build demand authority
1. Be disciplined: Be disciplined about what it is that you’re doing and be consistent – consistency breeds trust – if you want to be trusted by your market, be consistent with your approach.
2. Understand your audience: Don’t just write blogs around the things that you’re interested in, understand what your target audience is interested in responding to and engaging with, because otherwise, you’re not going to get everything that you wanted out of it.
Mentioned Links and References:
Mentioned Links and References:
If you love this episode and can’t wait to hear more then please subscribe to the podcast on your favourite platform and if you’d like to receive notifications you can subscribe below and I’ll email you when a new episode comes out 🙂
About Mark Asquith:
Mark Asquith is a serial entrepreneur who has built globally successful design, marketing, software and digital businesses since he quit his real job in 2005.
Billed as the U.K. podcast expert, Mark is CEO & co-founder of Rebel Base Media, a podcast tech and strategy company that owns Captivate.fm, Poductivity, Podcast Websites, Podcast Success Academy & Rebel Base Studios and is well known as an insightful, thought-provoking and actionable podcast industry keynote speaker.
He’s a wildly approachable Brit and Star Wars/DC Comics geek.
How to USE stories in your marketing to get in front of the right people with Dr Simon Raybould Enter your details below to receive updates about the podcast Email* Submit Simon started his working life after his PhD (looking for causes of childhood leukemia) as a...
Enter your details below to receive updates about the podcast Email* Submit "There's no one-size-fits-all approach to using LinkedIn but there is a framework you can follow" Key Takeaways: Mindset shifts Think of LinkedIn as a Social Network instead...
How do you know where to start when doing your own marketing? Enter your details below to receive updates about the podcast Email* Submit "Find a way to make marketing fun for you so that it doesn't seem like a chore" Key Takeaways: The more curious...