Episode 17 with Matt Davies – B2B branding, Agile strategies and purpose driven business
Marketing isn’t about closing the sale it’s about opening the relationship
- People do not buy technology because it is cool. We buy technology because it solves a problem.
- Can you answer the question – what is the big problem that you solve?
- Features have nothing to do with solving a problem.
- Buyers go to conferences as an efficient way of meeting new suppliers and finding solutions – don’t turn your ideal clients into victims of bad trade show marketing and leave them frustrated.
- If you’re clever in marketing you’ll lose – don’t be clever as you’re confusing your audience.
- Our brains are hard wired to make sense of the world using stories so incorporating them into your marketing is a smart move.
- When you tell stories position your customer as the hero and you as the guide and tell them how you’re going to help them win the day by working for you.
- If you’re looking for investment tell another story but position the investor as the hero in the story and show them how you are going to help them win the day, come aw
- People buy from people and people that can solve a problem for them and the technology is a way to solve that problem.
Mentioned Links and References:
“Three essential tools to align your people around brand thinking” – Click here to download
Storyategy: Unlock the power of your brand with a story based branding strategy – Matt Davies
Building a StoryBrand – Donald Miller
About Matt Davies:
Matt Davies is a Brand Strategy Consultant who helps clients all over the world stand out and be meaningful. He’s an ideas man with a background in design, branding, marketing and leadership. Last year he wrote a book (called: Storyategy ). He’s held various creative leadership positions both in-house and agency. In the past he has worked with businesses of all shapes and sizes including Boots, Specsavers, Capital One, Nikon, Fred Perry and Experian. He now works as a solo consultant to help business leaders to create positive change so that they stand out and be more meaningful. He also speaks and inspires at corporate and team events.
Jana Dowling - Mental Fitness, Investment pitches, MVP launches and more "Mental fitness and wellbeing is just as important (if not more so) than physical fitness and wellbeing" Key Takeaways Managing your brain and its ability to function is arguably...Read More
Adam Oldfield - How to see into the future of MarTech, delight your clients and keep innovating Data holds the key but you need to know how to use it and interpret it. Key Takeaways If you want to compete against large brands then you have two audiences...Read More
Episode 15 - Robin Pointon - Engaging staff and stakeholders with sustainable travel solutions using memberships "Be tenacious and passionate about what you’re doing because it takes more than 37hrs a week to grow a business" Key Takeaways It’s not just about...Read More