Episode 11 with Paul McGillivray from Remote New Media – Adding more meaning to your work
- If a job is so simple, logical and repeatable – should we be spending our lives doing tasks like this?!
- The jobs of the future will focus on the human sides of us, the compassionate and emotional side of us that robots can’t replace.
- If you’re serious about accelerating your business growth – join a coaching accelerator – Paul recommends the Key Person of Influence KPI Group
- Before outsourcing – keep a notebook and write down the jobs that you do and track how much time it takes you and identify the things you spend the most time on and what you want to outsource or continue doing.
- When building your team look at values-based recruitment – make sure you employ people that are fully aligned with the values of your business – it’s a deeper relationship than just recruiting based on skills.
- Failure isn’t a thing – it’s a way of learning how to do something better next time
Mentioned Links and References:
Monday.com – Project management Software
BaseCamp – Project andaccount management software
Microsoft DevOps for remote management of software development teams
Process Street – online process mapping tool
Building a StoryBrand – Donald Miller
They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer Marcus Sheridan
If you love this episode and can’t wait to hear more then please subscribe to the podcast on your favourite platform and if you’d like to receive notifications you can subscribe below and I’ll email you when a new episode comes out 🙂
About Paul in his own words:
Paul is passionate about helping purpose-led leaders to build better, scalable and sustainable organisations with purpose at their core. He leads a team of talented software developers and together they free organisations and teams to work within their individual talents, to fulfil their purpose and extend their reach, improving systems, communication, engagement and impact by leveraging exponential technologies.
His work aims to bring purpose and meaning into the workplace, using technology to make a positive difference in the world.
Episode 15 - Robin Pointon - Engaging staff and stakeholders with sustainable travel solutions using memberships "Be tenacious and passionate about what you’re doing because it takes more than 37hrs a week to grow a business" Key Takeaways It’s not just about...Read More
Richard Glyn Jones – ViDAR, Saving Lives at Sea & the art of balancing long sales cycles and multiple expectations
Richard Glyn Jones - ViDAR, Saving Lives at Sea & the art of balancing long sales cycles and multiple expectations ViDAR is an incredible technology that not only increases the confidence level of finding people and objects in water to 96% but it removes...Read More
Episode 13 with Michael Groves - Mapping, WasteTech and Jumping in Bins for PR "Impossible is only temporary" - Muhammad Ali Global waste management is a huge industry worth $400Billion a year but it’s not very transparent. There's a lot of waste is ending up...Read More