Episode 11 with Paul McGillivray from Remote New Media – Adding more meaning to your work
- If a job is so simple, logical and repeatable – should we be spending our lives doing tasks like this?!
- The jobs of the future will focus on the human sides of us, the compassionate and emotional side of us that robots can’t replace.
- If you’re serious about accelerating your business growth – join a coaching accelerator – Paul recommends the Key Person of Influence KPI Group
- Before outsourcing – keep a notebook and write down the jobs that you do and track how much time it takes you and identify the things you spend the most time on and what you want to outsource or continue doing.
- When building your team look at values-based recruitment – make sure you employ people that are fully aligned with the values of your business – it’s a deeper relationship than just recruiting based on skills.
- Failure isn’t a thing – it’s a way of learning how to do something better next time
Mentioned Links and References:
Monday.com – Project management Software
BaseCamp – Project andaccount management software
Microsoft DevOps for remote management of software development teams
Process Street – online process mapping tool
Building a StoryBrand – Donald Miller
They Ask You Answer: A Revolutionary Approach to Inbound Sales, Content Marketing, and Today’s Digital Consumer Marcus Sheridan
If you love this episode and can’t wait to hear more then please subscribe to the podcast on your favourite platform and if you’d like to receive notifications you can subscribe below and I’ll email you when a new episode comes out 🙂
About Paul in his own words:
Paul is passionate about helping purpose-led leaders to build better, scalable and sustainable organisations with purpose at their core. He leads a team of talented software developers and together they free organisations and teams to work within their individual talents, to fulfil their purpose and extend their reach, improving systems, communication, engagement and impact by leveraging exponential technologies.
His work aims to bring purpose and meaning into the workplace, using technology to make a positive difference in the world.
Episode 10 with Paul Dunn from B1G1 What are the secrets of high growth businesses? They have giving at their core. What are the secrets of happier people? - They have giving and serving others at their core. Key Takeaways It’s only when we look outward that...Read More
Episode 9 with Lena Gothberg, Host of the Shipping Podcast Have you ever wondered why other people who aren't involved in your industry have no idea what you're so excited about or what's going on? Do you wish they shared your excitement and interest...Read More
Episode 8 with Rebecca Godfrey PhD, CEO of Etheo Limited We've all got a voice and have something to contribute in life, in business and when working in a team - we're also very creative and curious beings even if we don't acknowledge it all the time!...Read More